Animal Waste and the Need for Management Systems
An animal waste management system manages various types of animal wastes. Animal waste includes poultry scrap, dairy shed wastewater, hog, and manure. Also, wastes from livestock finishing operations and renderings contribute to animal wastes.
Animal waste disposal systems differ from human waste disposal systems. The municipal sewer systems follow strict rules for human waste disposal. But animal waste does not have such stringent waste disposal systems.
The purpose of an animal waste management system is to handle and store animal waste. There are methods to collect, scrape, or wash waste into waste storage units. The waste can be converted into nutrient-rich fertilizer for crops or manure. Livestock waste can be used for biogas, compost, and vermicompost.
Animal Waste Management System and Associated Problems
Good waste management systems make the wastes available as needed. Lagoons, ponds, steel, or concrete tanks store liquid wastes. Storage sheds or pits store solid wastes. This includes runoff from roofs, feedlots, and other areas that house animals. The waste needs treatment before use. Treatment methods include physical, chemical, and biological methods. The primary goal of treating animal waste is to break down its toxic components.
A Practical Solution to Animal Waste Management
Animal waste can be a valuable resource when managed well. Converting animal waste into manure improves soil quality. Well treated waste is a good source of nutrients for crops.
JBMbio’s safe and natural microbial formulations solve the risk of environmental pollution. This biological treatment method is promising and practical. Here below are the top reasons why this method is the most suited method for animal waste management:
- Powerful microbes AKA beneficial bacteria and enzymes in these formulations breakdown, digest and convert toxic substances into harmless products.
- The microbial systems use nitrate and phosphorus in the waste as their food source.
- They also help remove nitrate, phosphorus, pathogens, harmful gases, and foul odor.
- The degradation of fecal matter and other by-products occur at a microscopic level.
- The result of the microbial conversion results in harmless by-products.
- These formulations work with or without oxygen. Hence making them applicable to closed or open areas.
- Reduced fineable contaminants in waste, in turn, reduce costs.
When applied properly this practical solution allows treating animal waste to generate zero toxic products. Harmful substances transform into useful products. Plus, lower treatment costs and compliance with state and federal laws. JBMBio has been creating trusted animal waste treatment products for decades. JBMBio’s microbial formulations are unique, effective, and reliable. Other products related to animal waste treatment include EnviroDEFENSE Animal Waste Degrader and EnviroDEFENSE LagoonClear.