EnviroDEFENSE® PurPond Aquatic Formula is formulated for use in ponds, aquariums, small lakes and water gardens where organic odors and organic accumulations are a problem. EnviroDEFENSE® PurPond Aquatic Formula contains naturally occurring bacteria and enzymes, which have been selected and produced for their ability to break down organic matter and reduce ammonia accumulations through a natural oxidative process. EnviroDEFENSE® PurPond Aquatic Formula digests these organics naturally and safely leaving only water and carbon dioxide as a bi-product.
PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS: In addition to 4 strains of bacteria (Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus megaterium), EnviroDEFENSE® PurPond contains the following enzymes for rapid degradation of waste:
- Protease: Digestion of Protein.
- Amylase: Digestion of Starch.
- Cellulase: Digestion of Cellulosic Particles.
- Lipase: Digestion of Fats & Oils.
Pond/Water Garden Application: Apply 1 oz. (29.57 ml) per every 1,000 gallons (3.78 L) of pond water.
Start Up Application: Apply ½ Teaspoon (2.46 ml) per every 500 Gallons (1,893 L).
Routine Application: Apply ¼ Teaspoon (1.23 ml) per every 500 Gallons (1,893 L).
PARAMETERS: For biology to work properly in the pond, certain water conditions must exist:
- pH of the water maintained between 5.5 & 9.5.
- Temperature of the water above 10°C (50°F).
- Dissolved oxygen levels must be above 3 ppm.
- Water must be free of chlorine/chemicals that will kill beneficial bacteria.
Case Study for PurPond Aquatic
The graph below show the reduction of COD (measure of organic compounds in water) by strains in EnviroDEFENSE® PurPond Aquatic. As the substrate degraded, the % oxygen saturation decreases.